Office 365 is a platform for e-mail and online collaboration provided by Microsoft. In contrast to a regular Windows Live account, students of the University of Paderborn receive a full e-mail account with Exchange functionality. With this, tasks and appointments can be coordinated and synchronized comfortably. Office 365 also offers other services that can facilitate communication and collaboration between groups. The use of a full Office 365 software package is also included.
All this is made available to students of the University of Paderborn free of charge and without advertising.
Scope of service
Office 365 offers:
- 50 GB Exchange mailbox with calendar and contact management
- SharePoint and Lync
- Access from anywhere via web browser and e-mail programs
- 1 TB online storage on OneDrive
- Collaborate on Office documents via Office Web Apps - work with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote easily in a browser
- Use of the Office 365 ProPlus software package (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux
Information from Microsoft about Office 365 for students: www.office.com/meinoffice365