The IMT: Media supports media productions (video and audio projects) by members of the University of Paderborn and creates multimedia products for the scientific community. In addition to the uncommented documentation of outstanding university events (lectures, receptions, honours etc.) on DVD, short films for teaching purposes, congresses and trade fairs (with a typical running time of between 3 and 15 minutes) are also produced, which are supervised from conception to scripting and the selection of suitable locations to editing. Digital HD camcorders are used for the video productions. There is an increasing demand for the service of digital format conversion in order to be able to use the produced media in different ways (Internet, DVD, PowerPoint presentation etc.).
Here, too, priority is given to "helping people to help themselves", a concept that is particularly successful when the IMT: Media can train and supervise student assistants financed by third-party funds.
- Production support for audiovisual projects:
- Introduction to camera systems
- Introduction to sound recording technology
- Introduction to video editing suites (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
- Introduction to application software in the graphics and audio sector (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Reaper, Audacity)
- Professional video and audio production
- Working in a professional production studio (sound and video studio)
- Digital format conversions (AVI, Quicktime, Flash, MPEG, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, DV, WMV, H.261, H.264, MP3, WAV, AIFF and others)
- Preparation for provision on the web / on data media