The Certification Authority (CA) of the University of Paderborn offers users
- the SSL server certificates of the DFN and the CA of the University of Paderborn for download and installation, so that your browser can identify appropriately certified servers and establish an encrypted connection to them,
- the issuing of SSL user certificates for the encryption and signing of e-mails and as proof of identity to web servers, which - instead of a user name and password - require an SSL user certificate from you before the encrypted transmission of web pages that are not generally accessible,
- as well as issuing PGP certificates for encrypting and signing e-mails.
The Certification Authority (CA) of the University of Paderborn offers administrators of institutions of the University of Paderborn
- the SSL certification of servers.
The Certification Authority (CA) of the University of Paderborn offers users the issuing of SSL user certificates as well as PGP certificates for encrypting and signing e-mails. With an e-mail certificate of the CA of the University of Paderborn you can provide your e-mail with an electronic signature. This signature guarantees the recipient of your e-mail the following characteristics:
- The e-mail was actually written by you and not by another person on your behalf, because only you are in possession of the private key belonging to the signature.
- The signer is a member (employee or student) of the University of Paderborn.
- The content of the transmitting e-mail has not been changed on the way to the recipient.
Please note that these points are in no way guaranteed when sending a "normal" unsigned e-mail. Although an e-mail contains the name and address of the sender, the sender can set these details in his e-mail program as he wishes and thus manipulate them.
The server application Server Certificates is designed for departments (faculties, institutes, chairs, facilities, committees, university groups) of the University of Paderborn and contains the issuing and administration of certificates for the encrypted establishment of connections (SSL, TLS) to servers of decentralized departments. The Certification Authority is operated by the Verein zur Förderung eines Deutschen Forschungsnetzes e.V. (DFN); the registration is carried out via the IMT.